Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Days As Public Servant - June 3

A market failure. That's all that I can describe. The nature of the government agency is so different that one needs to constantly remind of themselves. No doubt, the pay and benefits, relative to its work load, are high enough that it makes General Motor parsimonious. Nevertheless, one also has to be reminded that government is NOT substitutable. The politicians could be changed, but never the government body. That alone, legalizes the liberty for misallocation of resources- an issue all economist worries.

I've been tormented, just in 3 days, not by the over-pumping of adrenaline or being suffocated from the minutes ever closing-in. I've been tortured by the guilt of not contributing enough that the paycheck that I'm about to receive end of this month-- weighty. Where the hell should I make disposal of my youthfulness? Never in my life that I've been told, in my best interest, not to run into superior's knob with completed work in hand. For a moment I've been thinking, then why the heck we are told to be efficient? It doesn't take long before I realize, I'm working in the public agency.

I have to learn. So tomorrow, I'll be reading Angels and Demons right here! And maybe, I could be inspired. Maybe there's a marker, leading from one to another. And maybe I will discover some top-secrets! Great! If not, then where do you suppose I should do here?

No comments: